Why you can trust Gamble USA
Gamble USA strives to improve your online gambling experience. We aim to help you play safely, make informed decisions when gambling, and increase your betting knowledge through our guides.
We adhere to strict editorial integrity; our content may contain links to products from our licensed & legal US partners.
No deposit bonuses are exactly that. Bonuses that don’t require a deposit to redeem. Usually awarded to new users upon registration, no deposit bonuses are an excellent way for new players to get a feel for an online casino before depositing and risking their money.
These bonuses are some of the rarest, with only a few online casinos publicly advertising them and others requiring exclusive bonus codes. Sites like Reddit may claim to offer no deposit bonus codes, but in our experience, these codes are usually expired or invalid, and the only thing they’ll achieve is wasting your time.
Truth be told, trying to find active no deposit bonuses can be frustrating. Though recognizing this, our chief editor assigned our expert team the task of scouring the internet for all of the best no deposit bonuses for online casino apps available to residents of the US so that we could have them all in one place.
And here it is. A comprehensive guide of all the best no deposit bonuses not only publicly available, but also a few that have been made available exclusively for our readers.
Bonus Codes for No Deposit Casino Apps November 2022
If you’re in a rush, you can refer to the table below for a quick guide. Though either way, you’ll want to bookmark this page because we’ll be updating regularly whenever a new casino app offers a new no deposit bonus.
|🎰Casino||🎁No Deposit Bonus||✍️Other Welcome Bonus||📜Promo Code||🇺🇸 Eligible States|
|DraftKings Casino App||$25||100% First Deposit Match Up To $2,000|
$50 Free Casino Credit On Deposit Of At Least $25
|-||CT, MI, NJ, PA, & WV|
|BetMGM Casino App||$25||100% First Deposit Match Up To $1,000||GAMBLEUSA||MI, NJ, PA, & WV|
|Unibet Casino App||$10||100% First Deposit Match Up To $500||UBCASINO10||NJ & PA|
|Borgata Casino App||$20||100% First Deposit Match Up To $1,000||GUSA||NJ & PA|
|888 Casino App||$20||120% First Deposit Match Up To $500||-||NJ|
5 Best No Deposit Bonus Casino Apps
$50 Free Play & $2,000 Bonus
- Excellent mobile app
- User-friendly design & games
$50 Free Play & $2,000 Bonus
$25 Free Play + $1,000 Matched Bonus
- Promo Code: GAMBLEUSA
- Awesome $25 free play
- Legal Online Casino
$25 Free Play + $1,000 Matched Bonus
$20 Free Play & $1,000 Matched Bonus
- Bonus Code: GUSA
- Top games providers
- Secure & fast banking options
$20 Free Play & $1,000 Matched Bonus
$10 Free Play + $500 Matched Deposit
- Try for free with $25
- Amazing live casino dealers
$10 Free Play + $500 Matched Deposit
Get A Free $20 No Deposit Bonus
- Awesome games choice
- No deposit free play bonus
Get A Free $20 No Deposit Bonus
So why the above no deposit casino apps? It’s not just their bonuses that help them stand out, but the following aspects too.
DraftKings Casino App
One of the biggest names in online gambling is now giving you a chance to get started for free with a $25 no deposit bonus when you sign up today. And that’s not the only bonus they offer. Because after you’ve tried them out, you can choose between two offers. Either a 100% first deposit match. Or an additional $50 of free credit on your first deposit.
Originally designed as a daily fantasy sports platform, DraftKings has since expanded into sports betting and online casinos — the latter of which they’ve made a massive impact in. DraftKings Casino app is available in CT, MI, NJ, PA, & WV.
BetMGM Casino App
Exclusive to our readers, when you sign up and use code GAMBLEUSA — you’ll not only get your first deposit doubled up to $1,000, but also $25 on the house.
BetMGM is one of few online casinos that regularly awards no deposit casino bonuses not only for new users, but also for returning customers who primarily play slots — thereby making it one the top online casino apps for residents in MI, NJ, PA, & WV. If that sounds like you, sign up through and get started for free today when you use our BetMGM Casino bonus code.
Unibet Casino App
While Unibet’s no deposit casino bonus may be smaller than others on this list, its strength lies in its x1 wagering requirements. That means you play through it once, and your funds are ready to be withdrawn.
This easily makes it one of the best no deposit app bonuses in all of the US, and so long as you live in either NJ or PA, it can be yours when you sign up using Unibet promo code UBCASINO10.
Borgata Casino App
When you think of the bright lights of Atlantic City, one name comes to mind. Borgata. So it was no surprise that when New Jersey legalized online casinos, Borgata was one of the first to dive into the market. But it’s not just New Jersey. Because Borgata is also available in Pennsylvania. And regardless of which of the two states you live in, the same great no deposit bonus is available to you.
Just use Borgata bonus code GUSA on sign up to get a $20 casino no deposit bonus upon successful registration. Plus, as an additional bonus, you’ll also get your first deposit matched 100% up to $1,000.
888 Casino App
Available exclusively to residents of New Jersey, new users who sign up via our links will get $20 for free.
This is one bonus you’ll definitely want to take advantage of. Because it’s only the first part of the 888 casino’s exceptional welcome bonus — with the second part matching your first deposit 120% up to $500. The only drawback of the 888 no deposit welcome bonus is that the playthrough requirements are pretty high at x30.
How to get a Free Cash Bonus at No Deposit Casino Apps
Redeeming a no deposit bonus is simple. There are no unnecessary hurdles that need to be jumped, nor is there any sort of misleading fine print that you need to be aware of. In fact, you can redeem your bonus in three steps.
- Using our secure links to the online casino you want to sign up for and click the “Register” button.
- Fill in all the required information, including email address, full name as it appears on your photo ID, mobile number, and street address. It’s crucial that you enter all this information accurately as if the casino is unable to verify your identity, there may be delays in the release of your no deposit bonus. Depending on which casino you sign up for, you may also need to enter a casino promo code. Though if not, you can leave that field blank. Once you’ve entered in all the information and have read through the terms and conditions, you can click the “Sign Up” button.
- Click through the verification link in your email, log in, and if required — verify your mobile number. That’s it. Your funds will now be instantly available for use.
An extra tip for this part is to make sure you sign up from home via your computer. While most online casinos have great mobile apps that can be used from wherever you are, during sign-up, they will use their geo-location tools to confirm that your current location is the same as your address. And if you’re not currently there, it may flag it leading to unnecessary delays.
New Online Casino Apps with No Deposit Bonus
When an online casino launches in a new state it’ll usually look to introduce themselves with a bang, and this bang usually comes in the form of a limited time no deposit bonus or other welcome bonus. As such, it pays to keep on top of things. In this section (which we’ll be updating regularly), we’ll cover new online casinos that currently offer a no deposit bonus.
- DraftKings Casino — For residents in CT, MI, NJ, PA, & WV — DraftKings currently offers new users a $25 no deposit bonus on sign-up.
- BetMGM Casino — Available exclusively to our readers in MI, NJ, PA, & WV — BetMGM will give you $25 free when you sign up using code GAMBLEUSA.
- Unibet Casino — If you’re a resident of NJ or PA, you can grab $10 in free play when you register with Unibet casino and use code UBCASINO10.
- Borgata Casino — The legendary Borgata casino now offers permanent residents of NJ and PA a $20 no deposit when you sign up with code GUSA.
- 888 Casino — Exclusive to residents of New Jersey, users who sign up via our links can grab a $20 no deposit bonus.
- Parx – Players in MI and PA can use our Parx Casino bonus code to get a $20 free play bonus. Free spins and a deposit match follow up on your first deposit.
- Golden Nugget – The NJ casino app provides users who enter our Golden Nugget exclusive bonus code a $10 free bonus. Make a follow up deposit and get a 1,000 deposit bonus and 200 free spins in additional states, such as MI and PA.
- Hollywood Casino – Although an exclusive PA casino bonus, there is $10 no deposit bonus when you first join this operator.
- FanDuel – The latest casino app to add a free bonus to their arsenal, the FanDuel Casino no deposit bonus code unlocks $100 free play across four weeks.
Free Casino Cash & Free Spins No Deposit Explained
All no deposit bonuses can be broken down into two categories. Free casino cash and free spins.
- Free Spins No Deposit — Free spins are simply that. Free spins of a particular slot machine that are awarded as part of different bonuses, including some no deposit bonuses. These bonuses are typically not included in welcome offers. As such, the most reliable way to get them is to be a regular customer of a particular online casino and to regularly play slots within that casino. Currently, Golden Nugget offers 200 free spins of 88 Fortune Megaways on top of their 100% first deposit match (max value $1,000). Another such example comes through the PlayGunLake app promo code, with a 100% match and 500 free spins!
- Casino Cash — Casino cash, bonus funds, no deposit money — whatever you call it, they’re the same thing. Free money awarded without you needing to deposit first. This is the most popular form of no deposit bonus, with the bonus funds working almost exactly the same as normal funds. The only exception to this is that these bonus funds are not always eligible for live dealer games and jackpot slot machines. But apart from that, you can use them just like normal funds.
Is No Deposit Money Cashable?
Yes. However there are some strings attached. First, for most online casinos, their policy states they can only process withdrawals once the player has made at least one real money deposit. This is why it’s typically best to play at deposit bonus casino apps that combine a no deposit bonus with a first deposit bonus. The good news is that once you’ve made a deposit, any winnings you’ve made with your no deposit bonus are instantly available for withdrawal.
Compare this to offshore sites that make their bonuses “sticky”, and the differences are night and day. This is because when you sign up at these illegal offshore sites, they’ll try to attract you with massive bonuses like a 600% deposit match or $500 no deposit — all while trying to keep you from the terms & conditions that mention that all money made from these bonuses cannot be withdrawn, and are essentially as good as play money.
At legal online casinos, that’s not the case. As long as you’ve made at least one real money deposit, you’ll be able to withdraw your no deposit bonus so long as you’ve followed the wagering requirements.
What are Bonus Wagering Requirements?
While no deposit bonuses are the real deal — you can’t just instantly withdraw them. Instead, you must convert these bonus funds into withdrawable funds by wagering them through casino games. The amount of times you must do this is called the bonus’ wagering requirements or playthrough requirements.
To use the most extreme example, 888’s x30 playthrough requirements mean that for the $20 no deposit bonus to be available for withdrawal, you must play $600 worth of casino games. That might seem a lot — and it is, but not all bonuses are like that. The Unibet or Borgata bonus for example only has an x1 playthrough requirement.
However another important thing to remember is that not all games contribute equally to the bonus playthrough. While slots may contribute 100%, a skill-based game like blackjack may only contribute 5%. Going back to our 888 example, that would mean that if you plan to play blackjack exclusively, you’ll need to grind through $12,000 worth of hands until you can withdraw any funds. Seems pretty tricky right? Well, for the average player it would be — but our expert team aren’t average players, and over the years we’ve developed a few tips to play through these bonuses rapidly. You can check them out in this next section.
Tips to Play Through Your Bonus Quickly
Information is power. So the first step to playing through your bonus is to learn everything you can about it. For this, your first destination should be the terms & conditions page. Once you’ve gotten this information, decided to go ahead and have completed the sign-up process — it’s time to grind through your bonus.
While it may be tempting to go for a “go big or go home” kind of strategy, intelligent players know that patience is the aim of the game. Typical low-volatility strategy is to bet 1-2% of your balance per game. But that doesn’t mean you have to go for $0.20 spins. If you plan to deposit at a later date as part of a first deposit bonus, you can combine all your funds into your balance when calculating each bet size.
Take the DraftKings bonus for example. With DraftKings you get a $25 no deposit bonus + $50 in free credits when you deposit at least $25. Tally all that up and you’ve got a playable balance of $100, so instead of going for $0.20 spins — you can now start playing $1-2 spins.
The next step is working out which games to play.
Best Mobile Casino Games No Deposit
While real money casino games like poker and blackjack may seem perfect for minimizing volatility, as mentioned in the above section, table games don’t usually contribute 1:1 in wagering requirements. As such, slots should be your destination. The perfect slot for grinding through bonuses is a high RTP, low volatility machine — and in that category, one game stands above all others.
Blood Suckers. Known by bonus grinders the world over, Blood Suckers with its low volatility and 98% RTP is the undisputed king of online casino games when it comes to bonus grinding. Though if you’re looking for other games with a little more risk, try out any of the below.
- Monopoly Money in Hand — 97.75% RTP, Medium Volatility
- Blood Suckers 2 — 96.94% RTP, Medium Volatility
- Dead or Alive — 96.82% RTP, High Volatility
- Dead or Alive 2 — 96.8% RTP, High Volatility
Restricted Games & Contributions
The list of restricted games will vary from casino to casino. For example, while most online casino apps don’t count live dealer games towards you towards your playthrough requirements, 888 Casino does — but with the caveat that the contribution rate is set at 10%. While these rates do vary, and we always recommend you read through the terms & conditions before accepting a bonus — if you’re looking for a quick cheat sheet to plan up some strategy, you can check out our below table as a generic guide for the most common wagering contributions per game.
|Wagering Contributions Cheat Sheet|
|Game Category||Game Contribution|
|Most Slots, Novelty Games & All Other Games That Do Not Appear On This List||100%|
|Most Poker Variants & Table Games||20%|
|Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette & Video Poker||10%|
|Jackpot Slots & Live Dealer Games||0%|
States with Legal No Deposit Casino Apps
When it comes to states that offer the most no deposit casinos, New Jersey is the champion. Though they aren’t alone. For a complete list of states that currently allow no deposit casinos to operate, you can check out our below table.
|🇺🇸 States||🎰Best Casino Apps with No Deposit Bonus|
|New Jersey||DraftKings, BetMGM, Unibet, Borgata, 888|
|Pennsylvania||DraftKings, BetMGM, Unibet, Borgata|
|West Virginia||DraftKings, BetMGM|
How We Benchmark No Deposit Casino Apps
Just because an online casino offers a no deposit bonus doesn’t mean it’s any good. From illegal offshore sites to casinos with shady practices — there are a lot of casinos that try to use no deposit bonuses to try and distract you from the negatives that they bring. Some of them will be obvious. Others might only pop up when you try and withdraw your winnings. That’s why we don’t blindly recommend online casinos based on face value; instead, we play at each and every casino we recommend to see how they operate.
What do we look for? Well, the following are a good starting place.
- Free No Deposit Bonus — It’s probably obvious, but for a guide based on online casino no deposit bonuses, we need to consider how good the no deposit bonus actually is and whether or not it is a genuine no deposit bonus. While you should never stick your nose up at free money, to justify the time spent registering and verifying your identity, we think a $10 no deposit bonus is a fair compensation.
- Legal Status — While there was once a time when the only way to play real money online casino games was through shady illegal offshore sites, in 2022, that’s no longer the case. Any legitimate casino can earn a license in any state where online gambling is legal. These licenses are strict. But they’re designed to ensure that the player never gets scammed and that only online casinos that are fair and financially backed are able to launch legally. As such, we’ll never recommend an online casino that doesn’t have proper licensing.
- Terms & Conditions — While a $50 no deposit bonus might sound great on paper — if the terms and conditions mention an x100 playthrough requirement, the bonus is as good as play money. That’s why we read the terms & conditions to ensure that the offer is fair.
- Other Promotions — No deposit bonuses are great. However the best online casinos know that a no deposit bonus should be just the first of many bonuses. That’s why we check to see not only what other welcome bonuses an online casino offers, but also what bonuses they offer to their loyal returning customers. If they have a plethora of bonuses for new and returning customers alike, that’s a big tick from us. If not, you won’t see them mentioned by us.
- Good Casino App — At the end of the day, you’re here to win real money when you play online casino games. So are we. As such, we check for a large selection of online casino games, including slots, poker, table games, and live dealer games. But we don’t just play them on our computers. In 2022, more and more players want the freedom of playing from wherever they are, whenever they want. So keeping with the times, we check the mobile apps. Some of our team members have Androids, while others have iPhones. If both testers have a good experience, that’s a sign of a well designed app.
No Deposit Cash Bonuses That Should Be Avoided
When deciding if a particular casino no deposit bonus should be avoided, you should ask yourself three questions.
- What are the wagering requirements for this bonus? If the answer is 35x or higher, give it a pass.
- Is the bonus sticky? Sticky bonuses are as good as play money, so save yourself the time, and don’t even bother with casinos that offer sticky bonuses. Sites like Slots of Vegas and offshore casinos like Bovada almost always provide bonuses that are not cashable.
- How long do I have to play through the bonus? All online casinos set a limited time to play through your no deposit bonus. Thirty days is fair, and this is the industry standard offered by most casinos. Anything less, and you need to ask yourself if you’ll have enough time to play through it.
These three tactics are used by illegal offshore casinos that don’t care about the player’s experience, and just want to either trick you into depositing money or, even worse — distract you while they steal your personal information.
Casino No Deposit Bonus vs First Deposit Bonuses
So what’s better? A no deposit bonus, or a first deposit bonus? Well, the answer isn’t simple. While a no deposit bonus is essentially free money — a first deposit bonus can be worth a lot more, regularly reaching and exceeding $1,000 in value. In truth, the comparison isn’t as straightforward as it may seem. However it’s not supposed to be. Because as all veteran players know, you shouldn’t be looking at these offers as being exclusive to one another — but rather as two parts of one welcome bonus.
With the no deposit bonus, you can check out an gambling app for yourself. You can see if it’s worth your time. And if it is, you can then take advantage of the second part of the welcome bonus with the first deposit bonus.
Why Stop With One No Deposit Bonus Code?
No deposit casino bonus codes were designed with the idea of allowing the player to try out a casino without risking any of their own money. So why try just one online casino? If you live in a state that has access to multiple real money no deposit casino bonuses — there’s really no reason not to take advantage of them all.
Just bookmark this page and come back to it whenever you want to try a new no deposit online casino.
Casino Apps With No Deposit Bonus FAQs
What Online Casinos Have Free Bonuses Without Deposit?
The best online casinos that currently offer no deposit bonuses for new users are DraftKings with their $25 no deposit bonus, BetMGM with their $25 no deposit bonus when you use code GAMBLEUSA, Unibet with $10 free when signing up with code UBCASINO10, Borgata with a $20 no deposit bonus when you enter code GUSA on sign up, and 888 Casino who offer a $20 no deposit exclusively to residents of New Jersey.
Which Online Casino has the Biggest No Deposit Bonus Codes?
The biggest no deposit casino bonus codes belong to DraftKings and BetMGM. For BetMGM, you'll need to enter code GAMBLEUSA during sign-up for their $25 no deposit bonus. However for DraftKings, just follow our links to get $25 in your account after registering. FanDuel Casino offers $100, but in four increments over 28 days.
What Casino Apps Give you Free Money?
Nearly all online casinos will give you free money in one form or another. The most popular form of free money comes in the first deposit bonus that most online casinos offer. With that being said, the first deposit bonus does require a deposit, and as such, it isn't 100% free money. If you are looking for no strings attached free money, then you'll want to take advantage of the rare no deposit bonus offered by a few online casinos. As of writing, DraftKings, BetMGM, Unibet, Borgata, and 888 all offer no deposit bonuses.
Which Online Casinos Pay Out Immediately?
While no online casinos pay out instantly, once you've verified your identity, most online casinos should process withdrawals quickly. The main exception to this rule occurs when you play at unlicensed offshore casinos. These casinos will make you jump through hurdle after hurdle and will most likely never pay you out. As such, we recommend you stick to licensed online casinos.