Why you can trust Gamble USA
Gamble USA strives to improve your online gambling experience. We aim to help you play safely, make informed decisions when gambling, and increase your betting knowledge through our guides.
We adhere to strict editorial integrity; our content may contain links to products from our licensed & legal US partners.
BetRivers has become one of the most popular online casinos and sportsbooks in the US. But as with most online operators, questions about the casino being legit and reputable have been raised. In this guide, we look to put to rest any questions on whether BetRivers and Betrivers.NET are legit.
In the few years since this ruling, numerous states have legalized online gambling, and dozens of operators have launched online casino sites and casino apps to enthusiastic US players. BetRivers is one land-based brand that has leaped successfully into the online arena.
Yet, despite running properties in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Des Plaines, and Schenectady, we still hear some people asking, is BetRivers Casino legit? And are the BetRivers Casino and games rigged?
These are two slightly different questions because a casino can be legit but run unwarily run rigged games from an external rogue developer, or it might be illegal (unlicensed), but the games are fair from renowned game developers. Anyway, we will cover both of these questions in this article, so you’ll know if BetRivers in all forms are legitimate casino sites you can trust.
Is BetRivers Casino Safe?
BetRivers digital (interactive) products, such as its online casino, BetRivers.net social casino, and BetRivers sportsbook, are operated by Rush Street Interactive (RSI), which is based in Chicago, Illinois. RSI’s executive chairman is Neil Bluhm, who is the co-founder of the company alongside Richard Schwartz – the present-day CEO.
You can read all about them and the other members of the executive management on the Rush Street corporate website. Such transparency is a positive starting point when tackling the issue of if BetRivers is safe. Still, let’s delve deeper inside to learn more about the casino, software, and games.
BetRivers Licenses and Regulations
BetRivers online casino is currently available in three US states, as well as in Ontario, Canada. Its sister site PlaySugarHouse Casino, which is owned by the same parent company, operates in two states.
- BetRivers Casino in Pennsylvania: Licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB)
- BetRivers Casino in Michigan: Licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB)
- BetRivers Casino in West Virginia: Licensed and regulated by the West Virginia Lottery Commission
- BetRivers Casino Ontario: Licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- BetRivers Casino in New Jersey: Licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE). As a note, PlaySugarHouse Pennsylvania is also licensed and regulated by the PGCB, like BetRivers Casino.
In a nutshell, BetRivers only operates online casinos in markets where it’s licensed to do so. Players can register an account from anywhere in the United States and Canada, but they cannot play casino games for real money unless they are physically located in one of the states mentioned above. That essentially solves the BetRivers legit debate for any potential players who were wondering. If you are outside these states, then BetRivers.NET provides a purely social casino; no real money gambling is involved on this website.
Is the Casino Games Software Legit?
To review the ‘Is BetRivers rigged‘ query, you only need to assess the software providers that power the online casino games. These include International Game Technology (IGT), which holds more than 450 global gaming licenses, and NetEnt, which is licensed by gaming regulators in NJ, PA, and WV.
Furthermore, you’ll find software from Big Time Gaming, Scientific Games, Everi, and the multi-award-winning Evolution. One of the latest additions to some BetRivers online casinos is Microgaming, the game developer that helped launch eCOGRA – an independent testing agency that ensures fair gaming.
Put simply, there’s no value for any of these software companies to offer rigged games, particularly when you consider they all favor the house anyway. It would tear down their reputations and get them thrown out of highly-lucrative markets, which is the last thing they want.
Virtual casino games use random number generators (RNG) to ensure that the outcome of each spin on the slot machines, each game of roulette, and each card dealt in blackjack is truly random.
BetRivers clearly states on all of its casino sites and mobile apps that the RNG games have been tested by independent auditors that are approved by the state regulatory bodies.
Some regulators, such as in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, boast their own technical labs for checking the fair play of casino games. Given that Rivers Casino (offline) and BetRivers online hold licenses in these states, it tells us there are no rigged games here.
Are the BetRivers Promo Code and Welcome Bonus Fair?
Across all of its markets, new customers can snap up various welcome bonuses; these offers do vary by state, so its well worth exploring what is on offer currently in our BetRivers promo code guide. What stands out about this offer is that the wagering is only 1x (one time) in some states. Therefore, if you deposit $250, that means you get $250 in bonus funds. Let’s say you play the entire bonus amount on BetRivers casino slots and win $200. That $200 is real money, which can be withdrawn with minimal effort.
With other online casinos having wagering requirements of 20x or higher, making it more difficult for players to come out on top, some people may wonder if this BetRivers bonus is legit. The truth is, BetRivers is probably losing money with this promotion; attractive welcome offers arent new, but offering such easy wagering requirements is worth taking note of!
Its strategy is to lure players to sign up and deposit. Of course, some will come for the bonus, play through the minimum requirements and then withdraw. However, others will stick around and continue to make further deposits. In such a competitive industry, when competing against giants like BetMGM, FanDuel, and DraftKings, it’s vital to capture new players before the competition, and this exceedingly generous welcome bonus does just that.
As well as the excellent bonuses the operator offers, they have one of the best VIP programs in the iRush rewards program. With this, you can collect points and rewards the more you play at the operator. These points can redeemed into exclusive gifts, experiences, and many more exciting rewards.
Is BetRivers Legit? – Reddit Answers
Reddit is the most popular community-based discussion website in the United States. You can find several BetRivers subreddits (threads) of both a negative and positive nature. The most common complaints we found centered around withdrawals being slowed down by the company’s review process; however, the vast majority were in agreement that BetRivers is legit, safe, and overall fair.
We don’t dispute that online forums can help to raise possible red flags, but we advise all readers to get a rounded opinion of a topic. It’s not wise to take the word of one customer who may have had a poor experience because you don’t know if they just feel tilted after some bad luck or not.
Furthermore, if you check the subreddits of other online casinos, you’ll likely come across similar complaints, making it difficult to gauge fact from fiction much of the time.
BetRivers Casino – Where is it Legal?
At the time of writing, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Connecticut, Michigan, and Delaware are the only US states where online casinos are legal. To emphasize how legit BetRivers is, it currently only operates in three of these six areas, namely PA, MI, and MI.
Many readers ask, Is BetRivers legal in Texas? The answer is no. This state hasn’t passed any laws to legalize mobile casinos, so BetRivers – and all other brands – are not permitted to let players within the Lone Star State play casino games for real money.
Gamble USA is your number-one resource for staying up-to-date with all the latest developments surrounding the legality of online gambling sites in each state. Our team is continually monitoring the industry, so we can bring you the news as it breaks.
Is BetRivers Roulette Rigged?
From using magnets to being able to increase and decrease the size of the slots of the wheel, roulette at land-based casinos has an infamous history of being among the top rigged games. There has also been a cloud over some RNG online games in the past, which are far easier to fix given they are only computer programs.
The good news for modern-day gamblers is that these tricks and cheats are now largely a thing of the past, although that hasn’t stopped people from wondering if BetRivers video or Lighting roulette is rigged. Much of the time, the patrons who raise such questions, akin to those asking, is online blackjack rigged? have just experienced a losing session.
It’s a fallacy to believe that over 50 or 100 spins of the roulette wheel, an even number of red/black numbers will always come up. Of course, based on an infinite number of spins, the percentages will be close to 50/50, but not for a short period of play.
In fact, according to several sources, including Caesars online casino, in 1943, a red-colored number came up on 32 consecutive spins. Certainly, the chances of this happening are millions to 1, but it’s possible, and it doesn’t mean the casino games are rigged.
Back to BetRivers, as mentioned above, not only must the operator be licensed, but also the software providers. Part of the criteria for gaining a license is proving that the online casino gambling games are fair and the published RTPs are accurate. Furthermore, this isn’t a one-off thing. The regulator can conduct future audits at any time to ensure secure and fair play guidelines are being followed.
Would a multi-million dollar business run the risk of having its licenses revoked and reputation shattered to snare a few extra bucks through rigged games? In our opinion, this is not very likely.
Tips for Safe Play at Your Favorite Online Casinos
Whether you decide to choose BetRivers or another online casino, the most important thing is your safety. Part of this is governed by the operator and some by you, personally. These are some tips for beginners to help maximize your security when playing.
- Only Play at Licensed Online Casinos: As online gambling is not legal in every US state, many offshore casino sites prey on players from these areas. With no regulations and protections, is it a risk worth taking? Our advice is to play real money games at licensed and regulated online casinos because you know everything is fair and legit.
- Be Mindful of your Connection: Although Wi-Fi is convenient, it can offer an easy opening to hackers if the network isn’t secure. At the very least, you should only use a network that is password protected. It’s also worth clearing the Wi-Fi history from your mobile devices regularly to get rid of old connections. Check more issues that could help you troubleshoot any issues with BetRivers if you face any Wi-Fi or similar problems.
- Strong Passwords: Even today, many online casino players like to use their name and birth date as their passwords. Of course, it’s easy to remember, but it’s not a strong password. Keeping your player accounts safe is paramount; therefore, a sturdy passcode is a must.
- Enable 2FA for Extra Security: BetRivers Casino is among several gambling sites that offer two-factor authentication (2FA). This is a Google-powered application that generates a unique OTP every 30 seconds. In addition to a strong password, 2FA is another layer of security for your account.
- Payment Methods: Most online casino apps in the US are licensed through a land-based partner. The benefit of this is that players can deposit funds and withdraw winnings directly from the casino cage. This avoids making online payments into your account. Of course, there are many other payment methods, such as a debit card or ACH via a bank account, that you can use, all of which have their own security features.
- Responsible Gambling: We all know gambling can be addictive. However, there are tools available that can help control a player’s expenditure. These include setting a deposit limit on your account and/or setting a loss limit. We recommend utilizing these tools, so you never run over budget. That way, you always keep your gambling in check, and it remains a fun activity.
- Read the T&Cs: All online casino bonuses come with terms and conditions, but these vary between different bonuses and different casinos. You may find two sites offering 100% up to $1,000 on the first deposit. Simply because the amount of bonus cash is the same, it doesn’t mean the casino’s terms are. Don’t leave money on the table by neglecting the T&Cs – always look for the best value.