Lightning Roulette Online Casinos – Complete Playing Guide

Author:

Mike F

Updated:

Sep 15, 2023

Huge casino fan who loves the occasional sports wager. You can usually find me at the blackjack table or playing slots.

gamble-usa-icon

Why you can trust Gamble USA

Gamble USA strives to improve your online gambling experience. We aim to help you play safely, make informed decisions when gambling, and increase your betting knowledge through our guides.

We adhere to strict editorial integrity; our content may contain links to products from our licensed & legal US partners.

Lightning Roulette Online Casinos

What if your preferred roulette game could provide higher prizes and more excitement? Good newsβ€”Evolution Gaming has a special surprise in store for you! They took a fresh approach by releasing their stunning Lightning Roulette. Even though it was introduced in 2018, it continued to be among the most-played live roulette games and was awarded Game of the Year at the American Gambling Awards in 2022.

Thanks to its entertaining hosts and unique background of flashing lightning, the game provides an enjoyable online gambling experience. It has a 97.30% average RTP, a respectable figure for a live game. With betting limits ranging from $0.20 to $10,000 each round, the developer built it to function on both PCs and mobile devices.

The Lightning Roulette game is an improved variation of European Roulette, featuring a single zero, the wheel, and roulette bets but with an electrifying touch. Every spin of the roulette wheel features a set of lucky numbers selected randomly to add multipliers and boost your wins by up to 500x.

Keep reading as we’ll go through the rules, basic features, strategies, and differences from the conventional game, as well as how multipliers make it easier to win big.

πŸ”΄βš«Lightning Roulette
πŸ§‘β€πŸ’»DeveloperEvolution Gaming
πŸ“…Year of Release2018
πŸ’²Bets$0.20 - $10,000
πŸ’―RTP97.30%
⭐Special FeaturesLightning Multipliers, Live Chat, Autoplay, HD Video
πŸ’°Max Win500x
πŸ“±CompatibilityPC, Mobile, Tablet, iOS, Android
πŸ”΄βš«Type of RouletteEuropean with single Zero & 1 – 36 numbers

Legal Lightning Roulette Online Casinos in the US

Evolution is the main name behind live casino games in the US, with licenses to operate in all states where casinos are legal. As a result, you can play Lightning Roulette for real money online anywhere in NJ, PA, MI, CT, and WV. Simply click to join any of the following licensed Lightning Roulette gambling sites, get your bonus, and start placing your bets live.

968 ratings
Review
$50 Casino Credits + $2,000 Bonus
  • Excellent mobile app
  • User-friendly design & games
Promo Code: GUSALAUNCH
1640 ratings
Review
$10 Bonus + 100% Bonus Up To $1,000
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
  • Bonus Code: GUSALAUNCH
  • 500+ Casino games
  • Amazing bonuses
Promo Code: GUSALAUNCH
$10 Bonus + 100% Bonus Up To $1,000
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
1952 ratings
Review
Exclusive $1,000 Play it Again Bonus
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
  • Amazing choice of slots & games
  • Exclusive Play it Again Bonus Up to $2,000
Exclusive $1,000 Play it Again Bonus
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
Promo Code: GAMBLEUSA
1254 ratings
Review
$25 On The House + $1,000 Matched Bonus
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
  • Promo Code: GAMBLEUSA
  • Awesome $25 Casino Bonus
  • Huge Games Library
Promo Code: GAMBLEUSA
$25 On The House + $1,000 Matched Bonus
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply

What is Lightning Roulette?

Lightning Roulette Evolution Gaming

The first thing that grabs your interest when you play Lightning Roulette is the studio, which resembles a glitzy TV studio set with charming dealers who can switch into game show hosts. Evolution picked traditional Roulette and boosted the cash prizes while keeping the rules fairly the same as in European Roulette. This version of Roulette offers the same betting options as other roulette games, including single numbers from 1 to 36, sets of numbers, and Red/Black colors. The European Roulette house edge is way better than American Roulette, so that’s a nice touch by Evolution.

The key difference between live Lightning Roulette and other variations is that 1 to 5 lucky numbers are shown before the roulette wheel is spun for each round. These numbers can award players lucky payouts as each gets hit by lightning multipliers ranging from 50x to 500x. After the lucky multipliers are assigned, the game continues as standard Roulette would, where you win if the ball lands on the number you bet on. Don’t be dismayed if you do not win on a number hit by lightning; you will still be paid out but at lower odds of 30:1.

It’s a high risk, high reward game, ideal for roulette fans.


How to Play Real Money Lightning Roulette Online

Lightning Roulette Place Bets

The rules of Lightning Roulette are not overly complicated to master, and playing at one of our recommended Evolution-powered casinos ensures a completely error-free and fair gambling experience.

Simply click the links above, create your casino account, and begin playing from the Live Casino collection.

  • Wait until the current round is finished if there is one ongoing after the game screen is displayed. A virtual roulette table then appears, and the dealer offers you 20 to 30 seconds to make your bets for the following round. You need to select the size of your chip and place it where you believe the ball will land. It allows you to place a min bet of $0.20 and a max bet of $10,000.
  • The entire variety of usual roulette bets is available on the betting table, including inside bets like straight up, split, street, corner, and line, as well as outside bets like column, dozen, red/black, odd/even, and 1-18 or 19-36. You can also make neighbor bets along the racetrack at the bottom of the screen, including Voisins du Zero, Cheval, and Orphelins a Cheval.
  • The action becomes interesting when bets are stopped, and the dealer lifts a lever to expose 1 to 5 lucky numbers with multipliers. After the ball’s spin begins, the camera angle changes to a top shot of the roulette wheel.
  • As soon as the ball stops, the live dealer collects all stakes and congrats the players who won. If the luck is on your side and you win a straight-up bet on your lucky number, the game will assign a multiplier to your prize rather than handing you the regular 35:1. You will receive lower payouts than in European Roulette if you hit a number that is not a multiplied – 30:1.
  • Several helpful options like Repeat a Bet, Double and Undo simplify the gaming experience. You can also adjust the camera angle and the video resolution to low, medium, or HD.

Lightning Roulette Paytable and Casino Game Payouts

Other than the straight-up bets, most bets when playing Lightning Roulette payout similarly to bets in traditional Roulette. You can place all the usual bets, but thanks to lightning multipliers, you can also win lucky payouts when playing straight-up bets.

The only downside of this version is that the odds of winning non-multiplied straight bets are decreased from 35x to 30x. It’s like a little price to pay for the chance to receive 500x your bet if you get a lucky number.

We’ve included a detailed table with all the payouts you can expect from playing with different bets:

Inside Bets
Straight UpCovers 1 Number29:1 – 499:1
SplitCovers 2 Numbers17:1
StreetCovers 3 Numbers11:1
CornerCovers 4 Numbers8:1
LineCovers 6 Numbers5:1
Outside Bets
Dozen, ColumnCovers 12 Numbers2:1
Even/oddCovers 18 Numbers1:1
High/LowCovers 18 Numbers1:1
Red/BlackCovers 18 Numbers1:1

Lightning Roulette Random Multiplier Wins

Lightning Roulette Multiplier

As we’ve already discussed, the success of Lightning Roulette can be attributed to the RNG Lucky Numbers, which are the big attraction. With multipliers given randomly to numbers from 1 to 5, it gives Roulette a little slot machine action. Therefore, in every round, there is a chance that lightning may strike and award 50x, 100x, 200x, 300x, 400x, or 500x. The multiplier will enhance only single or straight-up numbers.

As the number selection comes after the betting period has ended, there is no way to tell how many and which numbers will be lucky. It is also worth mentioning that just two or three lightning numbers will often appear with a lower multiplier while getting five lucky numbers or a bigger multiplier is quite unusual.


Lightning Roulette House Edge & RTP

Knowing about RTP can help you understand casino games well since the higher the payout percentage, the more likely you will win big when you play. It’s simply the average return calculated across millions of spins or rounds.

With an RTP of an incredible 97.30%, Evolution Gaming boosted the likelihood of winning and the amount you get back over time. This high RTP rate means that the house edge of the roulette is 2.70%. In other words, if you play Lightning Roulette for thousands of sessions, the casino will keep $2.70 of your $100 wagers as profit.

The RTP in this lightning version is higher when compared to American Roulette, but you should also be aware that it is lower for straight-up bets, coming in at 95.13%. Due to the possibility of winning 499:1, though, many players play and try their luck in this game. It appears that multipliers can benefit you at quite frequent intervals, although the highest multiplier of 500x is very rare.


Lightning Roulette Strategy & Tips to Play

Lightning Roulette Winnings

Even though live Roulette is mainly a game of chance, there are some Lightning Roulette strategies to improve your winning chances. But be aware that no gambling strategy guarantees a win at blackjack, roulette, nor slots.

Your greatest chance of winning huge is to wager on one or more numbers because the biggest rewards in the game are only achieved from straight-up numbers. If not, you’ll just be playing regular odds Roulette without the added thrill. The best strategy is distributing your affordable bet across several straight-up numbers. You are more likely to land on one of the Lucky Numbers the more numbers you have.

In our view, betting on random numbers can also be smart, but it relies only on good luck. Splitting your bets is another smart strategy: combining inside and outside bets to balance your odds of winning in any particular round. If you want to play a more classic version of Roulette with safer odds, you can stick to Outside bets, which have a nearly 50% chance of winning.

Effective casino bankroll management is also important, so set limits on your betting budgets to ensure that you are constantly playing within your limitations. Also, avoid doubling your bets to recover from earlier losses since the outcome might be terrible. This relates to progressive betting systems like Martingale and Fischer, which only work if you got an infinite bankroll.


Is Lightning Roulette Rigged?

Do you want to know if Lightning Roulette is rigged? If so, you’ll be glad to learn that it’s not rigged because Evolution is a renowned casino software developer with several licenses. They created the game using a Random Number Generator (RNG) to control it. So, every result is random, making it totally unexpected, fair, and unaffected by outside effects. Each round’s multipliers are likewise randomly generated using the RNG system.

RNGs ensure that each round is truly random, benefiting players and the casino. You can be confident that you’ll receive entirely random results because outside agencies have thoroughly tested the RNG system. The wheel performance is examined to see if it is balanced and the spin speeds are within the required limit, while the ball is inspected for its weight and size. A detailed record history is also reviewed to guarantee that the numbers chosen are genuinely random. The only way to overcome the random number generator is to be fortunate.


Play Lightning Roulette at US Online Casinos Today!

Lightning Roulette is one of the most unique casino games we’ve experienced, combining fast-paced action with one of the world’s earliest casino games with big multipliers. In this version, you can receive up to a 500x multiplier with a straight-up win, something you won’t find in any other Roulette game. The live studio is also visually appealing, with main theme colors of red, black, and gold frame appearing when lucky numbers are selected.

The game is playable on all mobile devices and top apps with the excellent video quality. Playing Lightning Roulette is much fun due to the superb dealers, the lovely studio, and the breathtaking visual and audio effects. So, try it out today and get ready for an electrifying experience.


πŸ‘‘ Editor’s Pick: Best Lightning Roulette Casino

Our favorite casino to play Lightning Roulette at is the reputable Caesars Casino. The online casino is only available in a few states, but we are hoping that it becomes more widespread, just like Caesars Sportsbook. The casino app is a meticulously constructed piece of software, that brings you the 500+ games with a tap on your display. It has great performance, allowing you endless spins on the Lighting Roulette wheel, all in crisp quality.

The game looks fantastic on the Caesars Casino app, and to top it off, users at Caesars are given all sorts of gifts to make their gaming experience even more unique. There is a diverse range of casino bonuses, that only get better in time as you climb up Caesars prestigious VIP loyalty program. The offers may start with some bonus spins and similar goodies, before climbing up to perks like discounts at Caesars Palace Casinos.

Promo Code: GUSALAUNCH
1640 ratings
Review
$10 Bonus + 100% Bonus Up To $1,000
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply
  • Bonus Code: GUSALAUNCH
  • 500+ Casino games
  • Amazing bonuses
Promo Code: GUSALAUNCH
$10 Bonus + 100% Bonus Up To $1,000
21+. T&C Apply
21+. T&C Apply

FAQs

Is Lightning Roulette available on the mobile app?

This Evolution Gaming game, Lightning Roulette, is widely accessible and can be played on your tablet or mobile. All our listed casino apps are compatible with Android and iPhone, allowing you to win big multipliers. The action and betting functions are optimized by excellent design to work on virtually any screen size.

Is Lightning Roulette available at any licensed US online casino?

Many US casinos now offer Live Lightning Roulette, and we've hand-picked the top US casinos for you in our review to ensure you get the finest gambling experience. If you are going to play for real money, visit one of the provided Lightning Roulette casinos operating in US states where online gambling is regulated.

Can I play Lightning Roulette for free?

Lightning Roulette cannot be played for free because there is no demo version of live dealer games. However, we still tried explaining the gameplay, setting, features, and rewards so that you know everything before making real money. You can still join the live table and watch the action unfold in real time, without spending any cash.

What is the Lightning Roulette house edge?

With an RTP of 97.30%, Live Lightning Roulette offers all players a high chance of striking it rich. It shows the house edge is around 2.70%, so for every $100 wagered, you can expect to lose roughly 2.70% of your bankroll over the long run.

How to win at Lightning Roulette?

It's simple to figure out how to win in Lightning Roulette because you only need to wager on the number you think the ball will stop upon. The winning number is determined by the pocket in which the ball rests on the wheel. You will receive a payout if the number matches the wager you made, and the appropriate multiplier will be applied to your winnings if it's one of the lucky numbers.

Who is the developer of Lightning Roulette?

Lightning Roulette was developed by Evolution Gaming and is a popular alternative for casino players who wish to gamble in live action. They also got multiple prizes for this spectacular game, including The Global Gaming Awards Product, EGR's 2018 Game of the Year, and G2E Las Vegas. The same company is also responsible for other top-notch live dealer games like Ultimate Texas Hold’em Live, Crazy Time, and Lightning Blackjack.

$25 On The House + $1,000 Matched Bonus

$25 On The House + $1,000 Matched Bonus

Get Bonus