Why you can trust Gamble USA
Gamble USA strives to improve your online gambling experience. We aim to help you play safely, make informed decisions when gambling, and increase your betting knowledge through our guides.
We adhere to strict editorial integrity; our content may contain links to products from our licensed & legal US partners.
Popularized by The Price is Right, Plinko has arrived in the US — giving users across the nation a chance to win real money cash prizes.
Legal Plinko gambling in the US is crypto exclusive. And while this does mean that you’ll only be able to find them at a few sweepstakes casinos, the upside to this is that unlike traditional online casinos, sweepstakes are available to users across almost the entire nation.
If you’ve never played Plinko, it might seem a little weird. But don’t worry. Because in this guide, we’ll be covering everything you need to know about playing the Plinko casino game, including how it works, where you can play it, as well as a couple of tips from our expert team.
Plinko Gambling Explained
Inspired by the Japanese gambling game Pachinko, Plinko was popularized in the US thanks to The Price is Right. The rules are straightforward. The player selects their bet and desired volatility before releasing a token from the top of the pyramid grid.
As the token falls and bounces between the divots, it’ll shift from side to side until it reaches the bottom row. The player will then be paid according to their chosen volatility and how far to the side the token reached.
While you do choose the volatility of each game, the RTP remains fixed depending on which site you play at and can reach a staggering 99% RTP. This number is huge. Far surpassing most other casino games like online slots, and for that reason, Plinko has quickly grown to become a favorite game of experienced US players.
Top 3 Plinko Gambling Sites to Play with Bitcoin (Legal)
10,000 GC + 1 Stake Cash No Deposit Bonus
Like Crash games, real money legal Plinko games are pretty hard to find in the US. As of writing, no traditional online casinos offer them, and the only sweepstakes casinos that provide them are cryptocurrency based. While there are some offshore casinos that offer Plinko, we don’t recommend you play at them. This is because offshore Plinko gambling sites are illegal to use in the US, and since they’re not licensed by any reputable governing body, they regularly end up being scams.
In our research, we found only three legal Plinko casinos in the US. For a quick head-to-head comparison of how these sites stack up against one another, you can check out the below table — otherwise, read ahead for a more comprehensive review.
|🎰Casino||🔝Best Plinko||#️⃣Number of Plinkos||🎁No Deposit Welcome Bonus|
|Stake.us||Plinko (Stake Originals)||1||10,000 GC + 1 SC|
|Sweeptastic||Plinko XY||4||27,777 LC + 2 SC|
|LuckyBird.io||Plinko (LuckyBird Originals)||1||1,000 GC + 0.21 SC|
Stake.us is quickly taking the nation by storm thanks to some great partners and its unique outlook on casino gambling. While Stake.us does have a great selection of slots and table games, one of its main strengths is their unique games — and in this section, you’ll find the Stake Original Plinko game.
The Stake Original Plinko is one of the absolute best Plinko games you’ll find and a personal favorite of mine mainly because of two things. The first is a mouthwateringly high RTP of 99% which is provably fair. The second is the scope in choosing exactly how much volatility you want — going from their low volatility 8-row variant, all the way up to their highly volatile 16-row Plinko which carries a max payout of x1,000 your stake.
Add both of these things together and you have a brilliantly simple game that’s both fun and profitable.
Stake.Us Plinko Highlights
- 99% RTP Plinko
- Choose From a Total of 27 Different Levels of Volatility
- Provably Fair Games
- Max Payout of x1,000 Your Stake
- Our #1 Pick for Playing Plinko
When it comes to Plinko at Sweeptastic, variety is key.
A total of four different Plinko variants are on offer at Sweeptastic, including Easter Plinko, PlinkoX, Plinko XY, and classic Plinko. In many cases, these games only make some basic aesthetic changes, but it’s worthwhile checking them all to see how they differ in volatility as well as RTP levels.
Similar to the Plinko games offered at other gambling sites, all the Plinkos at Sweeptastic are provably fair. What I really like about Sweeptastic though is that of the crypto casinos that offer Plinko, I’d say that Sweeptastic offers the best bonuses. So while their games may not always have as high an RTP as other Plinko games on this list, you can still play Plinko with bonuses to come out ahead.
Sweeptastic Plinko Highlights
- Choose From Four Different Plinko Games
- Sweeptastic Offers Great Welcome Bonuses + First Deposit Bonuses
- 100% Fair
- Plinko XY is an Interesting Twist
In many ways, the Plinko at LuckyBird.io can feel like a simple reskin of the Stake.us variant — but given that Stake.us has arguably the best Plinko game, I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. It’s the same RTP with the same customizable volatility settings allowing you to choose both how many rows you want to play as well as how much risk you want there to be involved. Additionally, you also get access to cool features like live stats, which chart your game progress over a session.
So while LuckyBird.io’s Plinko may not offer anything too groundbreaking, it’s still worth a look — especially if you live in one of the restricted states of Stake.us.
LuckyBird.io Plinko Highlights
- Live Stats Are Great for Monitoring Win Rate
- Very Similar to Stake.us Plinko
- High 99% RTP
- Volatility is Fully Customizable
How These Plinko Gambling Game Sites Work
One of the key differences between Plinko casinos and other online casinos is that Plinko casinos are almost exclusively crypto-based. What this means is that you can’t deposit directly via your credit/debit card, nor can you deposit via something like PayPal. Instead, all deposits and withdrawals are down through crypto.
What cryptocurrencies are offered will vary by which online casino you’re playing at, but generally you can always expect to find the most popular coins like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Dogecoin.
Also, since these crypto casinos are a form of sweepstakes casinos, they employ a dual currency system. The first of these currencies is the monetarily worthless currency Gold Coins. Gold Coins are great for trying out new games; however, they don’t have any real monetary value. Instead, if you’re interested in real money Plinko gambling, you’ll need to use the second premium currency — usually called Sweeps Coins.
These Sweeps Coins are what you purchase and eventually redeem for the cryptocurrency of your choice. Playthrough requirements are usually pretty lenient at the best Plinko gambling sites, and you’ll usually only need to play through your Sweeps Coins once until they’re available to be redeemed for real prizes.
How to Play Plinko Online
10,000 GC + 1 Stake Cash No Deposit Bonus
Playing Plinko online is easy. You don’t need to cross your fingers and hope that you get selected by The Price is Right; instead, you can play pretty much anytime you like from either your computer or mobile device. Below, we’ll cover the exact steps to start playing real money Plinko today.
- Using our secure links, navigate to one of the Plinko casino games sites.
- Click the registration, and fill in a few pages with the relevant information before clicking through the prompts and confirming your sign-up details.
- Once you’ve finished signing up, a registration email will be sent to your email address. Click the link inside to get your exclusive welcome bonus.
- Plinko games can sometimes be buried deep in the casino games library. So once you’ve logged in, we recommend using the search bar to find the Plinko.
- Once you’ve found it, just click on its icon to launch the game before selecting your desired volatility, bet amount, and which currency you use.
|ℹ Plinko Game Specification|
Choose Your Own Volatility
|❗Risk Level||Low, Medium, or High|
|🎰Best Casino To Play At||Stake.us, Sweeptastic, LuckyBird.io|
While the exact specification of a Plinko game will vary from game to game and from crypto casino to crypto casino, most of them tend to have pretty similar specs. The above table is taken from the Stake.us Plinko game. Though even if you’re playing at Sweeptastic or LuckyBird.io, the above is still pretty accurate.
Choosing a higher risk will skew payouts toward the sides — making any token that lands in the center return very little. Increasing the number of rows will also increase the volatility — though not as much as changing the risk levels. When it comes to volatility, you can consider the risk level to be the general guide and the rows to be more of a means of fine-tuning.
Most Plinko games have an identical RTP regardless of which volatility you choose. However, some of the Plinko games on Sweeptastic will have slight differences in RTP depending on your volatility. For these games, generally speaking, the lower the volatility, the higher the RTP.
Things to Consider When Selecting a Plinko Gambling Site
Since Plinko is a pretty rare game to find at casinos, you might feel that any gambling site that offers the game is worth playing at. However, this isn’t true. Given its rarity, illegal offshore casinos know that they can draw in potential customers by offering Plinko and in turn, can scam them. To make sure this doesn’t happen to you, we’ve come up with a checklist of things to consider when selecting a Plinko crypto casino.
- Can you play for free? — While sweepstakes casinos don’t have to abide by traditional gambling laws, they still do have to operate under the laws that govern sweepstakes. One of these rules is commonly known as the “No Purchase Necessary” policy. This rule is essential for sweepstakes casinos to be legal and means that all players must be able to play real money games for free. So if a casino doesn’t have a no deposit bonus, stay clear.
- Are their games fair? — When it comes to proving if a game is fair, there are generally two methods you can trust. The first thing to look out for is if the Plinko game is developed by a trustworthy casino game developer. If they are, you can be pretty sure it’s safe. Secondly, in the case of Stake.us and LuckyBird.io, you can prove the game is safe yourself. This method can be a little confusing as it requires you to test the server seed against the hashed serve seed — but when you do this, the results will come back with the advertised RTP.
- What is their reputation? — Crypto casinos are a scammer’s paradise. For that reason, reputation is everything. Before playing at any crypto casino offering Plinko, you should always check if they’ve been verified by a trusted source.
- Where are they legal? — While sweepstakes casinos are legal in many states where online casinos traditionally aren’t, there are still some states that don’t allow them. One of these states is Washington. While this may initially seem a bad thing, it’s actually a benefit, as no legitimate sweepstakes operate in Washington. As such, if you see a casino allowing residents from Washington, you can consider that a red flag.
Plinko Game Tips & Strategies
While it is true that there is less strategy required when playing Plinko online compared to the version played on The Price is Right, there are still some important tips that you should know when playing. Below are our team’s top tips.
- Change the Volatility to Match Your Playstyle — One of the biggest reasons so many players enjoy Plinko is the ability to dial in and choose exactly how much volatility you want. If you want to win often — choose low risk. Meanwhile, if you want the big payday — choose high risk and play as many rows as you feel comfortable for a grand prize of up to x1,000 your stake.
- Try Out New Strategies With Gold Coins — While the Gold Coins at sweepstakes crypto casinos may not have any monetary value, skilled players can still use them to their advantage. Rather than risking real money when testing a new strategy, just use Gold Coins. Then, once you’ve gathered all the data from the live stats page you’ll be able to make an informed decision when you switch to Sweeps Coins.
- Use Crypto Casino Bonuses — As part of the “No Purchase Necessary” policy that all legitimate sweepstakes casinos employ, you must be able to acquire Sweeps Coins for free. How you’ll get these bonuses will vary. But typically, you can expect some sort of daily login bonus as well as a first deposit bonus or some other deposit bonus. By taking advantage of these bonuses you’ll be able to get bonus money which you can then use on Plinko.
Best Casino Bonuses to Play Plinko for Real Money
10,000 GC + 1 Stake Cash No Deposit Bonus
Our #1 tip for making money playing Plinko is to take full advantage of bonuses. At sweepstakes casinos, you’ve got a lot of bonuses to choose from — below, we’ll cover some of the most common ones that you’ll find.
Plinko No Deposit Welcome Bonuses
No deposit welcome bonuses give you free money just for signing up. It might sound too good to be true, but by signing up via our links, you’ll get access to exclusive welcome bonuses like the Stake.us welcome bonus of 10,000 GC + 1 SC.
First Purchase Bonus Plinko
While sweepstakes casinos will always give you a way to play Plinko for free, some of the best bonuses are usually their first purchase bonus. These bonuses aren’t as popular at crypto sweepstakes casinos as they are at standard sweepstakes casinos — however, you can still find some pretty good ones if you keep your eyes peeled for them. Sweeptastic for example will give you a 100% on your Sweepstakes coins when you purchase a $9.99 package. This works out to 20 SC + 20,000 LC for under $10.
Daily Login Bonus
Daily login bonuses are one of my favorite bonuses at sweepstakes casinos. Because with these bonuses, you get free coins just for logging in daily. All sweepstakes casinos will offer this bonus as part of the “No Purchase Necessary” policy. However, my favorite of these is probably Stake.us, who’ll give you 1 SC + 10,000 GC every day you log in.
For an extra little tip, these bonuses stack. As such, it can be worthwhile signing up for multiple sweepstakes casinos so that you can collect multiple daily login bonuses.
Other Plinko Bonuses
The above aren’t the only bonuses you can find either. Because at crypto sweepstakes casinos you also look forward to other Plinko gambling game bonuses like:
- Referral Bonuses — Giving you and a friend free money when you refer them.
- Mail-In Bonus — Free Sweepstakes Coins for sending in a postcard or letter to the sweepstakes casino.
- Social Media Promotions — Free bonus coins when you complete quizzes, games, or leave a comment on their Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter pages.
- VIP Programs — Rewarding loyal customers the more they play with free gifts and other bonuses.
- Tournaments — Compete against players nationwide for your chance to win extra coins.
- Reload Bonuses — Get more bang for your buck with reload bonuses giving you Sweepstakes Coins bonuses when you deposit.
It used to be almost impossible to play a real money Plinko game online, but thanks to crypto casinos, this is no longer the case. Sweepstakes casinos like Stake.us, Sweeptastic, and LuckyBird.io now give you a way to play Plinko and other casino games 100% legally across the nation.
Even better, when you sign up to these sites via our links, you can get started playing for free with Plinko no deposit welcome bonuses.
Can I Plinko legally in the US?
Yes. In the US you can now play real money Plinko legally at crypto sweepstakes casino sites. As of writing, only a few casinos offer Plinko — though you'll still be able to play it at Stake.us, Sweeptastic, and LuckyBird.io.
How do you get free spins when you play a Plinko gambling game?
Unlike Plinko at The Price is Right, there is no way to get free spins or free tokens at Plinko. However, you can use a free daily login bonus or no deposit welcome bonus to play real money Plinko without having to risk any of your own money.
Is Plinko online the same as Plinko from The Price is Right?
There are a few differences to online Plinko when compared to the one on The Price is Right. The most significant differences though are the board and where you can place your chip. Whereas The Price is Right Plinko is rectangular and you can drop the chip wherever you want, in online Plinko, the board is a pyramid, and the drop point for your token is fixed.
What are the best strategies for winning at Plinko?
At the end of the day, Plinko is a game of luck. The good news is though, with a 99% RTP, it is one of the most profitable games offered by sweepstakes casinos. For strategy, we recommend you adjust the volatility to match your play style. If you want to win often, pick a low risk setting with fewer rows. Meanwhile, if you're after that big win, choose a high risk setting with maximum rows for your chance at winning up to x1,000 your stake.