Become a master of correct score betting, learning how the betting markets work, what to consider when making your correct score bets, and whether you can defy the odds on your next prediction and reel in a small fortune.
Correct Score Betting & Predictions
While in sports such as the NBA and NFL predicting the exact final score is an incredibly tough thing to do, in other low scoring sports such as soccer, tremendous value can be found when participating in correct score markets.
With a host of potential score lines available to bettors – in this guide we will tell you everything you need to know about placing correct score bets and what you can do to try and make as accurate predictions as possible.
What is Correct Score Betting?
Correct score betting simply does what it says on the tin – to win a correct score bet. The scoreline at the end of the match must match with the scoreline you have placed on your bet slip at the beginning. Any other scoreline that occurs will see your bet deemed as a loser.
When trying to predict the correct score, you will often be presented with numerous options. In sports such as soccer this will include backing either the home or away team to win by certain or score line. Bettors will also have the chance to predict score lines which could see the game end in a tie.
Correct Score Double
Bettors turn to correct score markets as in many cases the odds are often generous. Bettors can see even bigger returns when they try and predict the scores in two matches.
Known as a correct score double, the only way this bet will win is if both matches return the scoreline that was predicted before the start. As these bets are difficult to land, bettors can often make huge returns and it is an incredibly popular bet type when it comes to betting on matches in acclaimed leagues such as the English Premier League.
Put Your Correct Score Predictions To The Test At These Sportsbooks
- Accepts deposits as low as $5
- Hefty welcome and referral bonuses
- Available in 22 US States
- Superb range of sports
- Enticing rewards program
- Extensive catalogs of betting markets
- Great Mobile App
- Brilliant Welcome Bonus
- Range Of Bet Types
- Massive Choice of Sports
- Daily Odds Boosts
- Convenient Banking
- Great Welcome Bonus
- 20+ Sports to bet on
- Been operating since 2000
Correct Score Betting Tips Predictions Explained
If you are looking to place a correct score bet, the layout for the bet is often the same across many of America’s most popular sportsbooks.
When you find the correct score markets they are often laid out in three columns. Each of the columns will be headed with ‘Home’, ‘Tie’ and ‘Away’. Under each of these columns will be a range of different score options. There is a reason why correct score markets contain columns.
For example, in an English Premier League match you may think the final score will be 2-1. Although 2-1 is a valid scoreline, you also have to predict whether it will be the home side that wins 2-1 or the away. Depending on the overall win odds of both teams, the 2-1 odds will be different across the columns.
|Correct Score Scoreline
The tie column is only relevant if you think the game will end all square. You will be presented with a range of tie scoreline scenarios. In sports such as soccer, betting on a game remaining 0-0 is a valid correct score option.
Is It Possible to Predict the Correct Score?
Predicting the correct scores is often a tough thing to do, but certainly isn’t impossible! Thankfully there are a range of tools you can use to help narrow down your selections.
- Form tables – form tables are a helpful tool as they allow bettors the opportunity to see how a team has been performing over a set period of time. Often taking the last five results into account, bettors will be able to see how many matches a team has won, lost or tied as well as the overall amount of goals. Looking at form tables can often help identify patterns where bettors can see how many goals a team has scored and whether there is one scoreline that appears more than once.
- Head-to-head record – in leagues such as the Premier League, teams have often played one another many times. With each of these matches being recorded, you can see if any score lines have commonly appeared between the two sides.
- Keep an eye on form and fitness – when it comes to predicting the correct scoreline pay attention to all of the latest team news. If a team’s best forward is unavailable for selection due to either injury or suspension this is likely to have ramifications when it comes to correct score odds.
Assessing Your Correct Score Predictions
If betting on the correct score is one of the ways in which you like to bet, there are a few things you can do to assess and track the different scoreline bets that you have placed.
- Record and track scores – logging scores will enable you at a glance to see if any score lines favor certain teams or not.
- Pay attention to the overall betting markets – betting markets will often be crucial when it comes to determining what score lines might be more likely over others. There will often be similarities in scoreline odds as a season unfolds, keeping an eye on the odds could determine whether there is any hidden value that can be found.
- Game stats – game statistics can often be telling when trying to assess correct score predictions. Seeing how many shots a team takes and how many chances are made can be key stats to be aware of when trying to make future correct score predictions.
Backing Expert Correct Score Strategy
There are a myriad of websites, videos and blogs that provide tips and predictions from ex-professionals and journalists. Often a good guide to follow, scoreline tips from experts can be a useful tool to help you make better, informed scoreline decisions – however these predictions shouldn’t be treated as gospel. You will hear football predictions all throughout the NFL regular season, and we, at GambleUSA, have a few of our own. They will not win every single time, but if you can only win 1 of your correct score bets, then hopefully the winnings will cover the stakes you lost on your others.
Budget With Caution
Correct score bets are always longshot bets. With so many possible outcomes, even one conceded penalty or late goal can either make or break your bet. That is why we always caution bettors to keep in mind that correct score bets are very risky, and not to overspend on these bets. It can be hugely tempting, especially with the generous odds, but you must be ready to accept failure. Therefore, keep your stakes low, and scatter your bets over numerous correct score bets. You can always rely on the fact that they will have long odds, creating some good winnings even out of small bets.
Use Cash Out When Needed
The cash out tool is one of the strongest weapons in your arsenal if you have placed a correct score bet. If things are going your way, you can sell your bet back to the sportsbook and turn a small profit. Of course, you will always make more if your bet wins, but there is no way of knowing whether the result will remain in your favor. Therefore, make sure you download your sportsbook’s betting app, so that you have quicker access to your bet, and can quickly cash out when the offer is right.
Parlay At Your Own Risk
As mentioned before, a double correct score bet can lengthen the odds exponentially. However, you must also consider that the chances of you winning are reduced tremendously. If you are really going for the kill, then you can parlay even more correct score bets together, but at your own risk. Again, the strategy here is to stay realistic, and as you probably will lose more often than win, you only need to win one time to pay off all your losses and hopefully turn a profit.
Predicting a correct score is a hard thing to do and is by no means an exact science. Some experts do keep track of all their predictions and previously predicted score lines. This may not help produce goals tips for your next bet, but the analysis can help you find out which teams or leagues you have more success with, so you can put more focus on those games.
One of the most important parts of correct score betting, especially as the odds are extremely long, is to find sports betting sites with generous odds. Though the margins may look slim, they can make a big difference in the long run. At any of the sportsbooks we recommend, you can find good lengthy odds.
When making correct score bets there are often a lot of data and tools available to you that will help you make better informed decisions. The use of historical head to heads, game stats, form tables and expert predictions are all easily accessible and can really help narrow down the wide range of scoreline options that you can choose from.
Fun and easy to place, predicting the correct scoreline can be a really brilliant market to get involved in.